Human Resources Administration & Services
The HR Services Team provides expertise in human resource administration, develops policies, and manages processes for position control and classification, recruitment and hiring, salary administration and compensation, employment, HR transactions and data management, compliance, payroll, workforce planning, leave administration, performance evaluation, and separation for EHRA Tenured/Tenure Track and Professional-Track faculty, EHRA non-faculty, post docs, SHRA staff, adjuncts and visitors, no-pay employees, graduate assistants, temporary employees, and student workers.
Stephanie Carter serves as Assistant Dean for Human Resources Administration:
- Serves as a member of the Administrative and Executive Leadership Teams participating in strategic planning and operational decisions in support of the college’s mission, philosophy, and vision for teaching, research, and engagement activities.
- Provides guidance on HR matters working with Dean and College Leadership to realize strategic objectives through purposeful deployment of human resources.
- Works with dean, administrators, and heads to create and maintain an appropriate work atmosphere within the college that recognizes exceptional performance and addresses unacceptable work conditions and performance issues.
- Provides expertise in strategic workforce planning and organizational changes, serving as the principal liaison with University Human Resources in regards to the organizational structure.
- Advocates for relevant institutional data, analyze data in accordance with established college principles, and provides Dean and college leadership with data to guide evidence-informed decision-making and equitable allocation of human resources.
- Represents the college in university governance, administration, and planning in HR matters.
- Serves as the chief college HR officer evaluating issues across organizational boundaries sharing knowledge to achieve mutually agreeable outcomes.
- Applies extensive knowledge of university HR policies and practices to establish comprehensive college policies and processes that balance service and compliance.
- Directs the establishment, ongoing review, and dissemination of HR-related principles and processes in the college including maintaining web pages that describes processes, templates, and tools. Identifies, prioritizes, and resolves challenges to effective and efficient services promoting a culture of continuous improvement in HR processes.
- Serves as primary contact with Employee Relations and represent college at disciplinary meetings and hearings.
- Directs all HR matters including classification, recruitment and hiring, salary administration and compensation, employment, HR transactions and data management, compliance, payroll, leave administration, and separation.
- Prepares, interprets, and analyzes human resource-related data and submit reports on behalf of the college.
Chelsea Nuzum serves as HR Specialist for all units in the following areas:
- Graduate Assistantships
- I-9 Management
- Leave Administration & Timekeeping
- Temporary Employment
Connie Caldwell serves as "monthly" HR Specialist for the following units:
- Business Services
- Dean's Office and Diversity
- Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Information Technology
- Khayrallah Center for Lebanese Diaspora Studies
- Research and Extension
- School of Public and International Affairs (SPIA)
Vacant (temporarily covered by Stephanie Carter) serves as "monthly" HR Specialist for the following units:
- Academic Affairs
- Center for Family and Community Engagement (CFACE)
- College Communications
- Communication, Rhetoric and Digital Media (CRDM)
- Department of Communication
- Department of English
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Social Work
- Masters of Arts Liberal Studies (MALS)